Friday, December 15, 2023

Why a year-end party?

 

The year-end party at the Chinese restaurant was held last night.
I had a drink in Shinjuku with my seniors and juniors from the university's pathology department.
It was the first year-end party in four years because it was 2019.
This is the only one, since there is no year-end party at work this year, too, but it's fun to walk around the bustling downtown area at the end of the year.

The restaurant was quite popular and full of people.
Most of them were a large group of people, like at a holiday party.
Some people seemed to be having a good time, while others seemed to be having a less than perfect time.
We were just a group of people who liked to drink and talk.
We didn't exchange much information, and before we knew it, it was past 10 p.m. because everyone was talking about unimportant things.

The end-of-year party, which once disappeared due to the Corona disaster, seems to be making a comeback of sorts.
I don't really understand why there are year-end parties.
For more than 30 years since I started working, I have been drinking at the end of the year.
Why is it necessary to have such a party at this busy time of the year?
It may be that someone who likes to have a party leads the way, but there have also been times when people who don't drink much have been happy to plan the event for me.
A drinking party has always been one of the most enjoyable events for people.
We returned safely to the museum without being drenched in alcohol. It was a pity that it was cloudy and we could not see the stars again, but we were lucky that there were no problems on the train and no falls while walking.
However, I slept less than usual today and my head hurts a little.
Be careful not to drink too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why a year-end party?

  The year-end party at the Chinese restaurant was held last night. I had a drink in Shinjuku with my seniors and juniors from the universit...