Friday, December 8, 2023

How should I develop?

I turned 60 today.
My wife and son celebrated with me on the way out the door this morning.
I was surprised because I thought today would be a normal morning since they had hosted a dinner party for me last weekend.

I was surprised that today is my 60th birthday.
I have lived a long time.
First of all, I would like to thank my parents for giving birth to me and raising me, my wife, and everyone who has been a part of my life.
Of course I would also like to thank the readers of this blog for their support.

I have no health problems at the moment, except for the high blood pressure medication I take, back pain, and the fact that I am still working on my back teeth.
Unless a missile from another country falls on me, or I get in a car accident, or I run into a street riot, I should be able to live for some time yet.

Aging does not mean approaching death.
If you were supposed to die at the age of 80, that would be so, but since everyone's life expectancy is unique, it would be more appropriate to say that you survived another year.
But there are not that many years left, and there is no such thing as living another round.

It is up to me to make the most of this extended life.
My two children have become independent, so I can leave them alone.
It is enough if I live faithfully with my wife, without betraying each other.
The rest is my role in society, which is called "late life".
Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not in a pivotal position that would make me a latecomer, but that does not mean that I have done nothing yet.
I am working today and will continue to work tomorrow and for some time to come.
Am I alone in such a life?
It's not about the meaning of existence, but is there any part of it that people can use?

I work by covering the decline of my processing capacity with experience.
I think one of the ways to leave that experience to the next generation has been done with the publication of the second edition of my book.
The other part is how to create a better working environment for pathologists.
I think my next life's mission will be to live with these thoughts in mind.

Even if you want to work hard, you cannot work as hard as young people do, so it is good to seek a different way of working hard.
In a relaxed way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why a year-end party?

  The year-end party at the Chinese restaurant was held last night. I had a drink in Shinjuku with my seniors and juniors from the universit...